Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Trend: Tangerine

With class winding down at school, I had a ton of time to read my magazines.  InStyle had an article about mixing tangerine pieces into your wardrobe.  Although my top isn't tangerine (it's really not my color), I figured it was the same idea.  My previous post shows how I would style it if I had access to any clothing.

When I was putting this outfit together, I kept thinking Carmen Miranda meets the 50's.  I love how this basic top from American Eagle is amped up by the popping color and unique neckline.  I bought this skirt from Forever21 because it's simple enough to pair with all my obnoxiously bright shirts.  I channeled the 50's vibe through my low messy bun adorned with a black sparkle headband. 

Let me know what you think of this outfit!  Do you like the hair?  Should I have worn dangle earrings?

No comments:

Post a Comment